Transfer Talk: Liverpool have no plans to let Salah depart


The summer transfer window is open across Europe, and there is plenty of gossip swirling around. Transfer Talk brings you all the latest buzz on rumours, comings, goings and, of course, done deals!

TOP STORY: Liverpool are not looking to let Salah leave

Liverpool have no plans to move on winger Mohamed Salah despite his contract situation, reports the Mirror.

The 32-year-old entered the final year of his deal at Anfield this month, and while progress is yet to be made over an extension, the Reds are planning for him to be in new manager Arne Slot’s team next season.

When asked about contract situations at the club’s press conference on Friday, sporting director Richard Hughes said: “On contractual situations, I don’t think it would be fair for me to talk about these.

“The only concern I and Arne have about situations is total commitment from the players to the cause for next season, and we’re absolutely convinced that will be the case.”

Al Ittihad, who have previously tested the waters for Salah, are reported to be keeping close tabs on his situation, and the latest indicates that Liverpool could be willing to risk losing him on a free transfer due to his importance to the side after he contributed to 38 goals in 44 matches across all competitions for the Reds last season.

PAPER GOSSIP

– Arsenal are interested in Wolverhampton Wanderers winger Pedro Neto, reports Team Talk. Talks are reported to have taken place with the 24-year-old’s representatives as the Gunners continue their search for a forward, and it is said that an offer worth £50 million could be enough to persuade Wolves to part ways with him. Tottenham Hotspur are reportedly also keen and could make a move if he doesn’t go to the Emirates Stadium.

– AC Milan are considering a move for Chelsea defender Trevoh Chalobah, reports Gazzetta dello Sport. The Rossoneri are believed to be keen on strengthening their defence this summer after parting ways with Simon Kjaer, and the latest indicates that they view the 25-year-old as a potential option, though any deal is said to hinge on the Premier League side’s valuation. Chalobah made 17 appearances across all competitions for the Blues last season.

– A move for Benfica midfielder João Neves is being explored by Manchester City, reports Team Talk. The Premier League champions are reported to be assessing multiple options as they remain braced to receive offers for Kevin De Bruyne, who was reported to have agreed personal terms with Saudi Pro League side Al Ittihad. Neves, 19, has recently been linked with Manchester United, but signing him could require the activation of his €120m release clause.

– VfB Stuttgart striker Serhou Guirassy is set to undergo his medical at Borussia Dortmund next week, reports Sky Sports Deutschland’s Florian Plettenberg. Positive talks are reported to have been held on Friday, with the final details of the deal expected to be completed in the next 48 hours. The 28-year-old has previously been on the radar of AC Milan, but it looks as though BVB have won the race to sign him.

– Fenerbahce are keen on Sevilla forward Youssef En-Nesyri, reports MARCA. Discussions over personal terms are reported to already be ongoing, with manager Jose Mourinho identifying him as a key signing this summer. The LaLiga side are prepared to accept an offer worth €20m for the 27-year-old’s signature.



Source link

About The Author

Scroll to Top